by Lauren Elrod (Twitter: @laurenelrod)
To recap my first post about Evernote (which you can find here) Evernote is an amazing tool that synchronizes your life realtime on all your digital devices. Add a note to your iPhone Evernote app and it instantly syncs your desktop computer, online website, iPad and other digital devices.
You may also want to glance at yesterday’s post if you’re wondering why you should use Evernote.
The desktop is a great starting place and home-base. I find that I create most of my notes on my desktop to be later referenced on my iPhone or iPad. I use the Evernote for my iPhone and iPad for quick thoughts, snapshots and recommendations.
HERE ARE MY TOP FIVE EVERNOTE DESKTOP FEATURES:
1. Web Clipper – Have you ever noticed the little Evernote logo in your menu bar at the top right of your screen?
There is a reason it’s number one on my list. That little logo is a BIG help. When you find something on a website that you want to remember the web clipper will throw it straight into a new note. Now this is where it gets good – you can select specific text or single windows within a website! Go ahead, try it!
2. Hyperlink Insert – This may sound simple, but when you initially create the note if you remember to include the note’s related URL it will be an immense help to you in the long run. Especially when you are emailing a note to someone – the URL is neatly and conveniently located right under the note’s title.
3. Overall Layout – I can navigate much faster when I am using Evernote on my Desktop. The ability to simultaneously view all areas of Evernote allows you to work almost as quickly as you think. Almost.
4. Shared Notebooks – This is one feature I have yet to fully engage. However, it’s potential and possibilities are endless. I am starting to discover it’s incredible capabilities especially when collaborating on a specific project. Check out this video about shared notebooks, below:
5. Wireless Sync – A no-brainer, the simple fact that it wirelessly syncs with all my other devices while I am working never ceases to amaze me! I can create a note on my desktop at home, run out the door and immediately have access it on my iPhone or iPad no matter where I go.
What are your favorite Evernote Desktop features?
Which Evernote platform do you find yourself using the most?
Check back tomorrow for my Top Five iPhone Features for Evernote.
*Please Note: all posts having to do with Evernote are based on the free Mac version offered at www.evernote.com or in the app store.
If you like this, I highly recommend you buy EVERNOTE Essentials — A Complete Getting Started Guide for Evernote. Click here to buy and view more details