by Lauren Elrod (Twitter: @laurenelrod)
To recap my first post about Evernote (which you can find here) Evernote is an amazing tool that synchronizes your life realtime on all your digital devices. Add a note to your iPhone Evernote app and it instantly syncs your desktop computer, online website, iPad and other digital devices.
Over the next four days I will highlight the best Evernote features for your desktop, iPhone and iPad. But first, I want to answer the most frequently asked question: Why use Evernote?
HERE ARE MY TOP FIVE REASONS YOU SHOULD EVERNOTE YOUR LIFE:
1. Efficiency – By compiling all of your notes-to-self, things to do, places to go, etc. you will always know where to look. Spend less time thinking who? what? when? where? and more time doing, seeing, finding, sharing.
2. Mobility – With Evernote’s wireless sync capability, your notes are at your fingertips no matter where you are.
3. Longevity – If you lose your iPhone, your computer crashes and your iPad is stolen, your notes will remain untouched. Ultimately web-based, Evernote is there for you whether or not you experience a digital all-systems-failure.
4. Search-ability – Not only can you file in notebooks, tag your notes and search by location, Evernote has text-recognition capability for photographs. Say goodbye to your bulging rolodex of business cards – simply snap a picture instead.
5. Functionality – Extremely user-friendly you will find yourself amazed by how simple it is to function within Evernote. By simply pausing a moment to look around and familiarize yourself with the layout, you will find everything necessary to begin “Evernote-ing” your life!
What is your number one reason for using Evernote?
*Please Note: all posts having to do with Evernote are based on the free version offered at www.evernote.com or in the app store.
If you like this, I highly recommend you buy EVERNOTE Essentials — A Complete Getting Started Guide for Evernote. Click here to buy and view more details