The sweet and exotic Strawberry Balsamic Martini is a favorite among the 14 handcrafted cocktails at Chicago’s District Bar. The cocktail menu at District Bar was created in part by Bridget Albert, a master mixologist, author and head bartender at the Obama inauguration party in Washington D.C. Her idea behind the Strawberry Balsamic Martini was to add a little twist on a classic favorite, and the result is absolutely delectable.
Ms. Albert favors Belvedere vodka. However, I used SKYY Vodka.
Strawberry Balsamic Martini
Ingredients Per Cocktail
* 1-3/4 ounces vodka
* 1 ounce simple syrup
* Squeeze of fresh lime juice (I used a little more than a squeeze)
* 3 strawberries, hulled
* 1/4 ounce balsamic vinegar
(2 small spoonfuls—the better the vinegar, the better the martini will be)
* Strawberry for garnish
1. Muddle the strawberries with the balsamic vinegar, simple syrup and lime juice.
2. Add the vodka and ice. Shake vigorously and strain into chilled short martini glass. Garnish with half strawberry.
3. If you’d like the cocktail less sweet, cut back on the simple syrup.
Recipe © District Bar. All other materials © Copyright 2005- 2010 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.
*** Extra: Use left over muddled strawberry for dessert by serving over Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Use chocolate syrup for an added layer of delish!