The Quest is a rite of passage to the second half of life. It is a secret adventure for adults only (age 35+). The time begins at cocktail hour and ends two days later at noon. Randy Elrod serves as the guide for this transformational experience and it is limited to no more than eight participants. For the past decade, each year (with the exception of the pandemic year 2020) there has been a Quest. There have been 46 “Questors” from all walks of life. Participants explore ways to enjoy the second half of life by daring to live life to its fullest. Time is allocated to the discovery of your true identity, and what it means to be whole. The life-changing ideas of Tomkins Affect Theory, Bowlby’s Attachment Theory, and Randy’s Theory of Being are also explained and discussed. There are ceremonies at a native American medicine wheel flanked by an ancient pre-Civil War stacked stone wall. Secret rites, assessments, meditation walks, stimulating conversation around great food and drink are featured, and much more.
The Quest takes place at Kalien Retreat amid 54 acres of pristine wilderness in the foothills of the Appalachians one hour east of vibrant Nashville, Tennessee. According to the pace of COVID vaccinations, the next Quest is tentatively scheduled for May or October. An official card proving full vaccination will be required to participate. We currently have four registrants—so we have limited openings. You can reserve your place by paying either a $99. deposit or the full registration below.
The cost is $899. This includes all materials, all sessions, and four meals with wine. It does NOT include travel, lodging, and additional meals. The option of an open cocktail, beer, and whiskey bar is available for $20. Lodging at Kalien is sold out. We have nearby rooming options listed below.
If needed, significant scholarships are available through Randy’s non-profit Creative Community and made possible by a generous gift from the Rod Rachinski Trust. Use the contact form below to request confidential information.
48 Hours of Solitude
Enjoy 48 Hours of Solitude in the refreshing and beautiful retreat setting of Kalien Retreat. The experience also features eight hours (four two-hour sessions) of encouragement and questions one-on-one with Randy Elrod featuring a safe non-judgmental environment and “anything goes” conversation about your choice of topics: leadership, creativity, ministry, entrepreneurship, finances, social networking, teamwork and many more. These conversations can take place while hiking through the forested trails of Kalien or just sitting and talking on the deck or screened-in porch looking over the scenic vistas while enjoying a complimentary libation of your choice. This experience includes two nights lodging at Kalien’s beautiful Keefer-Roberts Cabin and much more (see benefits below). Click HERE for an informational brochure.
- 48 hours of total solitude in a peaceful and beautiful retreat setting.
- A full 8 hours of mentoring one-on-one with Randy Elrod featuring a safe non-judgmental environment and “anything goes” conversation about your choice of topics: leadership, creativity, ministry, entrepreneurship, finances, social networking, teamwork, and many more—while hiking OR just sitting and talking on the porch looking over the forests and scenic vistas while sipping the libation of your choice.
- Two nights lodging at Kalien Retreat.
- Meals prepared from scratch by Randy (Italian Feast & Crepes and much more) with the optional opportunity for “on the job” cooking lessons if you wish.
- Native American fire ceremony.
- Your spouse may attend at no extra cost.
- A picnic lunch prepared just for you to enjoy in the expansive wilderness of our verdant retreat.
- Fine wine tasting and an ABC’s of Wine etiquette class (optional)
- Time to explore the many trails and country roads on and around our property or simply relax.
- Reservations are limited to 4 per year.
- Click HERE for an informational brochure.
- For additional info and references: E-mail HERE