In no particular order…
1. There is a huge difference between forgiveness and reconciliation.
2. Endurance can be an idol.
3. The ego hates losing, even to God.
4. There are few in our religious culture who understand the necessity of mature internalized conscience, so wise guides are almost impossible to find.
5. Our culture has no rite of passage for the second half of life.
6. Suffering, even—and perhaps especially, when it is self-inflicted, hurts.
7. Life is not a melodrama.
8. A knock at the door of a brothel is really a knock at the heart of God.
9. We have sacrificed the essence of who we really are, at the altar of self-denial.
10. In the words of T.S. Eliot, “Last year’s words belong to last year’s language, and next year’s words await another voice.”
Question: What is one of your powerful revelations during 2012?